Thursday, June 6, 2013

Days 4 and 5

I have had a busy week and have not had a chance to post the last 2 days. So here we go!

 The red background is a sponging technique that I have fallen in love with. It is a wonderful way to blend the two colors. The flower is SUPPOSED to be a sunflower. :/ I tried right?
 This one is a ballpark that I am working on for my son- he LOVES baseball! Still a work in progress.
 This one is a Peace Rose that I am working on for my sister. It is her favorite rose- and she is my best friend, so it only fits <3 br="">
 This is a journal page that I worked on this week- I had just got home from the dentist and was in A LOT of pain- needed something to relax and take my mind off the pain.
 I even got my family involved! ^ made by my daughter (7) and below my husband!
 This is a quote from Albert Einstein "A person starts to live when he can live outside himself"
On this one I was practicing my bead-work- I sewed multicolored beads around the yellow, trying to make it look like the center of a flower.

So far this month, I have shared more of my painting than I have in my entire life. I am usually a very reclusive artist- I enjoy constructive criticism, however, I always worry about how people will like it. But if nothing else, this experience has taught me that it only matters if I like my work- NOT what everyone else thinks. So I hope that you enjoy my pics- plenty more to come. Please feel free to add comments- or suggestions- both are wonderful for my process!

Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment