Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New and Old Journals

These are some of the journals that i have been working on with my 5 year old. Kinda like practice for her school journals. We are homeschooling starting in July and I thought it would be good practice for when we start working in her journals. She has wonderful sense of color and placement for a 5 year old. But she is very intense when it comes to something like this. She has to make it look EXACTLY like what she is thinking of or she wont finish it. She gets very upset. LOL I think we need to work on that. But she is perfect in every way. I have always hoped my children would have a love for art as I do. And they both are amazing.



The front cover of our doodle book


The cover of my hubby's sketch book
Hand-drawn by me, help with color goes to my daughter.

(front)
He asked me to make it colorful. :)

(back)

My daughter's practice with collage. She likes eyes. I did the back. She did the front.
Of course I had to tell her what everything said. AFTER she glued it down simply because it was pretty.

Another one we did. I decorated and she did all the gluing.

I enjoy the time I get to work on these. I especially enjoy that I can incorporate her in the process. It is better than a baby book. I will always have these to document her stages. Some pages are super serious. Some are super silly. But no matter the page it is her. Her artwork in MY books. I will always have that to look at and share with people. So, once i get her to sign all the proper release forms i will post some of her beautiful pages.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment