Sunday, June 19, 2011

New Journal Cover Pics


About 3 years ago my in-laws bought me and my hubby some art supplies. We were in South Korea and without knowing the language were at a loss for asking directions to anywhere "specific". We searched and searched everywhere, at the little markets littering the country side at the big malls and shopping districts. Found nothing of what we were looking for. So...they decided to send us what they knew we liked and thus my LOVE for art books started. I have been putting random collages and cut-outs in this book ever since. But it wasn't until this week that my hubby decided to cover his that i also got a tickle in my toes to do the same. It was a scary process for me. Changing the cover, making it a different book. It had 3 different "completed" cover jobs done on it before I stopped and kept one. I could not decide which one I liked best so I kept going over the layers. It started out bright and colorful and ended in this. The true face. I can't beleive that this is THE book that started it all. And all this time I was afraid of it, because of blank cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment