Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Leather bound Journal

So my dads Birthday is this Thursday and I wanted to do something special for him. So I decided what better then a leather bound journal. My dad likes leather, weather he will admit it or not. I can tell you with bleeding throbbing soar fingers that hand sewing a leather binding is not easy. I did however love every minute of it even if just the binding alone took a whole day lol. I broke several needles as well so looks like another trip to the hobby lobby. I seem to be loving that place more and more as well I am sure they love me more and more :)Anyhow these are the pictures of the new book my Dad is about to receive.

I figured a lovely picture of my wife and daughter with a extra plus of myself would be a nice catch :P
This of course as you can tell is the inside of the front

Of course the inside of the back :D

A beautiful picture of the front

This is the leather binding I think for hand stitching all of it, it looks rather nice :)

And now the all famous let it stand pose......hahaha!!

I kinda like it I think my next project will be making me one like this to do alittle drawling in. Kinda reminds me of you know a old like journey to the center of the earth type journals.

No comments:

Post a Comment