Friday, August 19, 2011

Mom's bday gift

So my mother practice's alternative religious beliefs and sometimes she writes certain things down in a (Shadow) book. She has tried making her own in the past and has done rather good at it but I figured I would try and see if I could make her one to her liking. So I have spent the past two days working on a new journal and a new bookmark that might strike her fancy. I have not cut the pages yet but they are all sewn in. My exact-o knife broke the other day and I have not had the chance to go buy a new one. Anyways I just wanted to post the pictures for it so everyone could take a look.

This is the bookmark that I made for her, I put two dangles on it so she can keep a spot in two separate places in her book.

I was trying to get a little better shot of the bookmark, not sure if this works its a little closer view. Yes I know you could always click on it and zoom in but. Just trying to get a little better shot. :)

So this is a shot of the front of her new journal.

This is a little better shot of the front of her journal. She seemed to like it so maybe it will do her well. I found this picture online and printed it to a piece of card stock. I then painted around it in black.

A back shot of the journal, I just choose to paint it black

Inside, like I said though I have not been able to cut the pages to the proper length but soon I plan on buying a new blade tomorrow.

Inside of the front book cover, I figured it would add a little to it if I had a prayer from her Belief added in.

No comments:

Post a Comment